They smile at you with glee,
And all your worries flee!
Wiping away your tears, and
Lending you a comforting shoulder,
~They make you feel ill at ease~
But that’s not really the part of the deal,
They don’t care a bit how you feel!
All they need is the juicy gossip,
Which they will use for their own profit!
Had read about this poetry style last month at Poetry Jam but hadn't got time to experiment with it. Finally here is my try at Puente poem!
About Puente Poem:
A poetic form, the Puente (which means bridge in Spanish), uses a one line "bridge" to connect the first and last stanzas. Here's how it works:
- 3 stanzas
- Stanzas 1 and 3 contain different ideas, thoughts
- Stanzas 1 and 3 consist of the same number of lines (meter and/or rhyming up to poet)
- Stanza 2 connects meaning from first to last stanza
- Stanza 2 must be one line enclosed in tildes ( ~ )
- Stanza 2 is the last line of Stanza 1 and first line of Stanza 3
Until the next post,
Keep Smiling :)
Labels: NaBloPoMo, Poem, Society, Ultimate Blog Challenge July 2014, Views