It's the end of another year and I must say, this year has been a very good and productive one for me. As it comes to end, here is a post dedicated to 2014. A recap of all the good and bad things.
Coming to the good things,
- I finally gathered the courage to start my blog. After almost an year of thinking, I pushed aside the uncertainties and started to blog. And I am glad I did. It gives me so much happiness.
- I also set aside my fears and participated in more activities in college. It was a big step for me but I did it. I also won a few competitions and my confidence level has been boosted.
- Made many new friends, some online (Thanks to my blog) and some offline. Met one of the blogger friends (Prasanna Rao)
- Read nearly 35 books. Though it is less considering my craze for novels, it was a start. I had given reading a break due to busy schedule but picking up this old hobby was made me realize how much I missed it.
- Learnt many things - Quilling, painting, cooking. It is always good to learn new things.
- Had awesome time with friends as we went out partying or to watch movies.
- Attended the first interview of my life and got placed in TCS. Yay!!
- Got published in an anthlogy - GOOFY. You can buy it here.
- Bought around 50 novels this year! Yeah, I am building a library :P
- Traveled a lot with family. Oh, I love travelling.
Those were some of the good things. The list goes on but right now, this is all I remember. Here are few of the lessons I learnt (bad things always teach a lesson)
- No matter how good you are, people always find faults. So it's better to ignore others and live life the way you want.
- Some friends, no matter how best you think they are, will leave you one day for their own selfish reasons. It's better not to dwell on such person's memory. After all, nothing is permanent.
- For some people, promise is just a fancy word and they use it lightly. It's better not to place faith on others blindly.
- When you are among a crowd of strangers and the fear of 'what they will think' is stopping you from doing something you really want (something crazy or something daring), it's always good to remember that they don't know you! They will forget you within few minutes but the memory you created by doing the thing you like; it will last with you forever.
- There comes a time in life, when even though you have so many people who care for you, you have to take your own path, lead your own journey to reach your goals.
That was most of it. I had fun, I made mistakes and I learnt from them. After all, nobody is perfect. I don't regret the choices I made. How can I? It made me to who I am today and I am happy with it. So that was a glimpse of 2014 in brief. Saying final goodbyes to 2014 with this blogpost (This happens to be the 150th post of the year!)
How was your year? Are you happy? Let me know. See you all next year ;)
Until the next post,
Keep Smiling :)