Monday 14 July 2014

Quilled Card

       Happiness is the smell of mud after rain. But something even more happier is the smell of freshly arrived books. Oh I was so excited to be reading a novel after so many days that I forgot I hadn't written today's UBC post. So keeping it short, here is something I have been doing lately.


       Yes, I am learning Quilling. This card is my first attempt at quilling and I am pretty happy with the results. Art, books and blog are the three things that are keeping me busy this holidays. Oh yes, exams have finally ended, which calls for celebrations! Its been a happy day today.

       How was your day today?

PS: Linking this post to the Ultimate Blog Challenge July 2014 and NaBloPoMo.



Until the next post,
Keep Smiling :)

Love,
Swathi :)

20 comments:

  1. It is Monday morning now and the day is just beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No idea how tough quilling is, but that looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That reminds me I have a quilling kit lying somewhere that I need to get to at some point. Your card is beautiful. Keep sharing ideas please.. The simple ones at least. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. honestly i have no idea about it :D .. though looks interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to learn quilling as well ! The card looks great Swathi :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks interesting!! I have no artistic abilities!! :D
    my day has started off well with blogging and writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card there Swathi.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a cool card. I think I must take out that quilling kit which we got as a gift long back and try to experiment too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW that is really cool...and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My day has been perfect with monsoons and no electricity at work

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love quilling! So pretty Swathi!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved the colors you used :) lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that was beautiful for the first attempt!! oh, how i was had this much time in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty work you have there, Swathi :) I'm jealous of the multi talents that you have!

    P.S. Which was the novel that you read?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this looks beautiful! I know so many people who have taken up quilling recently. Its awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I ahev been noticing that many people are quilling these days...am so bad at DIYs that I can't even dare...anyway...good luck for more!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I too have made quilled cards but the kit is lying in the cupboard. Your lovely card reminded that I should start at it again.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a pretty little card! My neighbor has recently started making quilled jewelry and I'm inspired to try it out myself!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Quilling needs a lot of patience, right ? Beautiful card there, Swaths :) Which novel did u read ?

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave a comment. I would like to hear from you :)