Sunday 27 July 2014

A Funny Incident!

       A funny thing happened on my way to Vodafone office three days back. Well funny or not, it depends on whose perspective you are viewing the incident from! I had paid for net pack but even after three days, I didn't receive any data pack! Since semester results were to be announced soon, I was pissed off having no access to net. Having called customer care number of times and still not getting proper response, I decided to take the matter to next step. I went to the retailer who had recharged initially and he called the manager. He asked me to visit the nearest Vodafone office so that they can look into the matter and fix it!

       I was totally angry with the service they were giving. First they had made me wait for so long and now they were asking me to travel so far! I was tired of hearing their filthy reasons. So I stormed off angrily towards their office. Adding to my frustration, it rained! I usually love rains but when I reached the office, I was totally drenched and my boots were squeaking. It definitely was not a pretty sight and it only fueled my anger more. I located the office and started walking towards it.

      When I reached the place, I saw a guy on the other side who was about to come out. He would have just opened the door but since I wasn't thinking clearly, I grabbed for the handle before he could and started pulling it. He stopped and looked up from his cell and watched me struggle. Yes, I was struggling because no matter how much I pulled, the door wouldn't budge even a little! It was still raining and I was standing there, fighting with the door, swearing under my breath. It must have been quite a sight because the guy on the other side stood there watching with an amused expression on his face. I didn't know what it was that he found funny but for me, the situation was far from funny!

      After a minute, I gave up and threw my hands up in air. I saw him smirk and it was just fueling my anger. He was enjoying it more than he should! Once he saw me give up, he raised his hand and swiftly gave it a pull and the door glided effortlessly. Gosh! All the time, I had been pulling at the door that said push! The guy walked out and chuckled as he passed by me. That was so embarrassing! Blinded by anger, I had walked straight into a trap. I should have made quite a scene because I noticed two other girls shake their head looking at me! Just then my cell beeped. It was a message from Vodafone saying 'recharge successful'! If it had happened half an hour ago, I could have saved myself all the embarrassment! Sigh!


PS: This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda, the Ultimate Blog Challenge July 2014 and NaBloPoMo.





Until the next post,
Keep Smiling :)

Love,
Swathi :)

15 comments:

  1. I remember when Vodafone was all the rage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. some days these things just happen.. on the service part - i agree Vodafone sucks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny how these little things in life can teach us big lessons

    ReplyDelete
  4. GRRR! How aggravating that must have been with your phone woes and being drenched by rain. I must admit I found the part about you struggling with the door a bit funny though. Sorry for laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha! I am a pro at it. Take heart, u not alone:)
    http://vishal-newkidontheblock.blogspot.com/2014/07/an-orkut-love-story-chapter-27.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Swathi- that was a funny story.... sorry sweetie... Ha ha ha - You told it so well, but yeeees, I can totally understand your irritation also... Argh>

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehehehehe... happens! Nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Swathi,even though the story has made us laugh, I can imagine the state of your mind.Such things happen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaaw...I thought only a certain other network had terrible service. Seems they all are the same! (and I'm sorry if I laughed a little about you and the door...!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for making me laugh. Hats off to you for having the spirit of laughing at yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If all our wishes become reality, then there is no God.

    ReplyDelete
  12. happens wid all swatz :p nothin to be embarrass :p

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha! FUnny story, indeed! And frustrating (for you) too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol! that was funny! you might have felt the embarrassment then but later you wont be able to control your laughter if you think about it! :p

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave a comment. I would like to hear from you :)