Sunday 6 July 2014

Untold Story of a Fighter!

        I was nervous. It was the first time I would be addressing such a huge gathering. "It will be fine, don't worry" said my mom, who appeared even more tensed than I was. I knew she was re-assuring herself more than me! "Yes mom, it will be fine" I said faking a confidence that I didn't feel within. "I will rock it" I smile and she tries too. "Ma'am everything is ready. They are all waiting for you" says the event organizer and I nod as I take in a deep breath. "This is it" I say myself. This was the day I was waiting for all my life and now finally my dream was coming true. It was the day my first novel would be launched and as a part of this event, I was supposed to read an excerpt of it to the audience. There will be so many people, reporters, cameras! The thought scared me. But the voice in me whispered that if I had come this far, then I can definitely handle this. And that's how, 15 minutes later, I ended up reading the prologue of the novel, which was based on my life story.

       She knew it was the end. She had tried her best but all her efforts were going vain! How long can anyone hold on? Her career, her respect, her love life, everything was at stake. She remembered good old days. Life was so good. Friends, family, love and success, everything seemed to be within reach; just name it and she had it. Caring parents, loving brother, best of the friends and a boy who would do anything for her. Then why was she standing at this place now, alone and away from everything and everyone she loved?

     She knew the answer even before the question ended. It all happened because of a stupid mistake. Because of her stupid desire to take on the world on her own. She had over looked everyone and everything! She had chosen her own path and decided to walk alone. And in the quest, she had lost things that were dear to her. But hadn't she done everything she could to make it right? How much more she had to try? How many times should I try! she thought frustrated.

       'Just once more' came the voice from inside. It was this very voice that had ushered her to walk on this path, that had made her believe in her dreams and chase them. Now it was asking her to go on once again? Would it be worth listening to it? she thought. 'Yes' came the answer. 'I have lost everything already, what more can I lose? I would try just once more, every single time, until I finally succeed' she thought. She stood up and wiped her tears. She smiled tentatively which slowly became genuine and walked out with an air of confidence. This time, she had to do it and show the world what she as capable of!

       I looked up from the book to my audience who were now enthralled by the introduction. I smiled at them. "That was the snippet of a story from my life. A journey of a girl who faced choices that changed her life forever. She could have given up and broken down like many of us do but she chose to fight. And you see the result today. Read more about it in my book" I say and hear the thunderous applause which makes me feel that all the effort I had put in, was worth it! I thank my lucky stars, though I believed more in hard work than in luck! After all hard work was what made me stand here today.



PS: This is a fiction post written in response for BlogAdda's prompt "Your life is going to be made into a novel! Write an introduction for this novel. How will you creatively reflect on your life spent?"

PS: This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda, the Ultimate Blog Challenge July 2014 and NaBloPoMo.






Until the next post,
Keep Smiling :)

Love,
Swathi :)
   

34 comments:

  1. Hey, nice one Swathi! I would love to read the rest of the book as well, just like the audience :) A lovely introduction to a fab book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aathira :) Will hopefully write it someday ;)

      Delete
  2. I so believe in 'Just once more'! It all works out in the end, if it doesnt, then it is not the end. So keep trying, just once again... lovely story, Swathi. Well written! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, one more time :)
      Thanks a lot Shilpa :)

      Delete
  3. I might have been a little disappointed to see this was fiction ;) Great writeup

    ReplyDelete
  4. No matter whether this is a post written in response to a prompt, you make a great point: it's hardest to write the truth about ourselves, but when we do it is then we offer our best work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true Kathy.. Writing about our struggles especially is difficult!

      Delete
  5. Very nice read Swathi! The introduction left me wanting more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with what Kathy said... it is hardest to write the truth about ourselves, especially when we have faced pain and had to struggle... sounds like it would have been a good work of 'fiction' :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hopefully, will soon turn this into a good work of fiction ;) Thanks Roshan :) Keep visiting :)

      Delete
  7. Great piece of writing, best of luck for the contest. We all have faced challenges and come out winners, almost.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I liked the emotions to that narration. Snippet or not, that would make one good introduction. Hope the book is on its way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do want to write it some day Leo :) Thank you for the encouragement :)

      Delete
  9. I'm sure you will live this dream one day for sure and this day isn't far away!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful. There is one way to overcome the nervousness before addressing a large crowd. Keep telling yourself the whole audience is idiot,.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I have tried that therapy a lot in the past few years :D

      Delete
  11. Swathi, congrats, the introduction,whether a fiction or reality touched the heart. I was disappointed why it came to an end so quickly. Yeh dil maange more. Excellent read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much ma'am :) With your blessings, am sure I will realize this dream some day :)

      Delete
  12. Good One :)
    Do complete this biography in future :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could relate to some part of your life, Swathi, and more because you've expressed them soo well. Hope you cone out with this book sometime soon. It'll be a very interesting read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Soumyaa :) After reading all the comments, I definitely want to write one now :D

      Delete
  14. If the snippet was this good...how the book would be. I am as enthralled as the audience!!
    This was too good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Red :) I do hope the book will turn out as good in the future :)

      Delete
  15. Wow! That was touching and inspiring :) Very well written Swathi :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!!! That's the spirit! Liked it very much Swathi! I want to know how she continues the last time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. A roller coaster ride coupled with adventure and lemons thrown that you turn into milestone. It calls for the novel.

    http://vishalbheeroo.wordpress.com/2014/07/06/wow-few-hours-altering-my-life/

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave a comment. I would like to hear from you :)