Friday 25 July 2014

Fearless - Five Sentence Fiction

      Finally the day had come and there was nothing she could do to put it off any longer.

     She clenched her teeth and furrowed her brows in concentration as she started breathing in and out slowly!

    She tried to put an act of being fearless; after all she detested being made fun of!

     But no matter how much she had prepared herself, nausea swept over the moment she set her eyes on him, laying there all but unconscious, moving his legs slightly as she touched him.

     She dashed to the washroom fighting nausea; after all cockroach dissection was never easy!

I am sparing myself the trip to washroom fighting nausea by not putting up an actual picture of cockroach dissection!






Until the next post,
Keep Smiling :)

Love,
Swathi :)
    

9 comments:

  1. Hehehe good one Swathi. I had written a post on cockroaches 2-3 days back. But I love the dissection angle you've given it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well. I'd like to know why she bothered with the hateful task. Apart from that, a good surprise at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha! Good one Swathi :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could never touch a cockroach in the lab :) Good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post, thanks for sharing! Enjoyed reading :) Shared for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good one. I liked the suspense and build up. You handled it well. ICK! Yucky cockroaches. Funny I wrote a cockroach story the other day, too. What's with all the cockroach stories these days? ;)

    ReplyDelete



  7. Dear Writer

    My name is Arpit Goel, Head- Writers Engagement Program. We would like to present you with an opportunity to write for AdviceAdda.com. It is an online portal that provides ‘Expert Advice’ to youngsters and teenagers who need help and solutions to their problems.

    It is providing a platform to writers as well where they can bring a meaningful change in the lives of youth by discussing their experiences, provide inspiring thoughts and good/bad takes on life. You may visit our website where articles, poems in both Hindi and English are invited. We are working for a great cause to make Youth life ‘Tension Free’, It will be really nice,If you support us in this mission.

    For more details visit info:
    http://adviceadda.com/

    For any query, Email me at: writers@adviceadda.com
    Our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/adviceadda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wasn't expecting a story of dissection - well done on the twist! I remember a rat and a grasshopper from school. It didn't bother me - I was just disturbbed that the white rat was yellow with formaldehyde!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave a comment. I would like to hear from you :)