Tuesday 15 July 2014

It is a Century!

       139 days back I had took a bold step and started my blog. I say bold because being a shy girl all my life, sharing my thoughts with the world was something that I didn't think would be easy. I had been juggling about the whole blogging idea from almost two years but that little nagging doubt in my head was stopping me from turning it into reality. Finally after a little push from my friends and the positive response I got after writing for a creative story writing competition in college, I jumped in to Blogosphere and after that there was no turning back.

       Participating in challenges like A - Z challengeUBC April 2014 and UBC July 2014, different contests hosted by BlogAdda and also in fiction Prompts, my blog grew steadily and so did my confidence with each post. I made many friends. I read many posts. I smiled and I cried. When I wanted to share something, I created new characters and gave them my voice. It always felt good. Also the blog brought out the poet in me, which I didn't know existed. I found out about the hidden passion in me for writing, which before this, was just confined to my diary entries. It felt good to break free from the boundary and enter into a new world. 

       And I am glad I did! Who would have thought I would write my 100th post this soon? I definitely hadn't! I am totally excited as I write this post.


       During this journey, I have been published in two online magazines (Check my poem on Writer's Ezine here), have written for two anthologies and also have joined for a writing Internship program by Tell-a-Tale this month which I am definitely enjoying. You can read my internship posts here. To sum it up all in one sentence, it feels awesome to be following my heart after all these years. 

       Thank you everyone who helped me achieve this feat, supporting me with encouraging comments and also gently correcting me when I was wrong. Keep visiting and keep showering my blog with love. After all, this wouldn't have been possible without your support. It's definitely time for celebrations!


       I can go on talking about how happy I am today but for today, let me stop here. Have a great day folks.

PS: Linking this post to the Ultimate Blog Challenge July 2014 and NaBloPoMo.



Until the next post,
Keep Smiling :)

Love,
Swathi :)
    

23 comments:

  1. Congrats Swathi :D:D
    Loved to know a lil abt u through this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A century in 139 days... That's an awesome strike rate!! Congratulations and way to go, Swathi :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congrats on your 100th post :)
    I always love writing poems. "The dance" is awesome.
    Good luck ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky me! And honored to get to "read" your post today, dear Swathi on this special day! You should be MAJOR proud of yourself - in only 139 days - that's only about 4 months!!!

    I love what you write about creating new characters and giving them a voice.

    What also comes across so vividly in your writing is your passion, love
    and appreciation of others. That is contagious!

    Thank you so much for sharing. BIG HUGS <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your 100th post! I started blogging a little over a year ago as well and it's been quite the journey. I even started doing a weekly video post. I remember being scared in the beginning, but now I can't imagine life without my blog. Can't wait to see how you continue to grow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations doing your 100th post! How exciting! Here's to many more!

    http://cattitudeandgratitude.blogspot.ca/2014/07/ubc-day-15-have-beautiful-butterfly-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats dear! I just realized after reading your post that I crossed my 100th post couple of days back and didn't even realize it! Anyways, it's a milestone!! Yayy!!! Happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations. Looks like the fastest century in a short time. Looking forward to your 1000th post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Swathi :) This was a feel good post to read, knowing about you and how you started blogging :) Keep Writing and blogging! many more to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay Swathi dear! Now that is something to celebrate:-) Congratulations and here is to hundreds of more posts! Keep blogging and keep that passion and enthusiasm alive:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. way to go girl!! I am so happy for you on this day! congratulations on a century and so many accomplishments!! it's party time Yayie!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's such an excellent achievement!
    Well done!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hearty congratulation swathi on the completion of your 100 posts May you write many many more hundreds of posts. God bless you.
    luv and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, Swathi for the 100th! Wishing you many many more centuries...and enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  15. congratsssssssssss...this is a huuuuuuge feat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. heartiest congratulationssssssssssssssssssss on the century and just 139 days to make it excellent ...

    Well done

    and I need that cake :)
    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your 100th...its such a major achievement...here's to many more your way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations Swathi and many more to come. Keep blogging and being friends with your muse :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can so relate to you :) Congratulations on reaching the milestone and on publications too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! A century is certainly reason to celebrate! Congratulations, Swathi.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations Swathi! Keep blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Many more 100's to you darling :)
    Which are the two anthologies you've written for ?
    Congrats on all the achievements !

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave a comment. I would like to hear from you :)