Friday 14 March 2014

LUCKY - FIVE SENTENCE FICTION #1


"But this is not the latest model" I cried when my dad bought me a new smartphone for I wanted the best.

How much had I wanted to be the first one to buy the latest smartphone that had just arrived in the market and flaunt it in front of my friends.

I walked out dejected wanting to be alone for sometime, to nurse my wounded heart.

That's when I saw two children, one of them handicapped, both crying out of hunger and begging for alms.

A lump formed in my throat when I realized how lucky I was to have been blessed with comforts of life and decided to overlook just the material comforts to be happy in life.


                                     image source :  blogs.gonomad.com


PS: This post is written for Five Sentence Fiction word prompt which required to write a five sentence story based on the prompt word LUCKY.

Until the next post,
Keep Smiling :)

Love,
Swathi :)

14 comments:

  1. that's a nice thought :) yea we are lucky ! situations like these makes us realize be happy with what u have! ur lifestyle maybe someone's else dream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Sachin.. U r ryt :) Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. So true. I find myself thinking my own children are spoiled and don't realize the luck they really have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time is the greatest teacher! Am sure they will soon realize how lucky they are for everything they have :) Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. waaaw swatz tmne toh ruladiya mjhe,,b4 I buy something I seriosly need to consider this,,blog post,,,,,,,, very well written swatz:-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks saddy :) N haan, agli baar hum dono jab bhi saath mein shopping karne jayenge, toh pakka is post ko yaad karenge :D

      Delete
  4. What a very good lesson that we all could learn from. Great story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Technically speaking ... You made long sentences to make a 5 sentence fiction :) but good work :D i can't even try that in 5 lines :P i did the same.. but not as 5 line fiction :D many lines :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks shyam :-) well dats d whole point ;-) to make long sentences so to bring out more emotion in d story :-)
      Wil surely check out ur post :-)

      Delete
  6. Amen. Often we become complacent. Well done.
    http://mcguffysreader.blogspot.com/2014/03/lucky.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a story with a message. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you shail mohan :-) keep coming along..

      Delete

Go on, leave a comment. I would like to hear from you :)