LUCKY - FIVE SENTENCE FICTION #1


"But this is not the latest model" I cried when my dad bought me a new smartphone for I wanted the best.

How much had I wanted to be the first one to buy the latest smartphone that had just arrived in the market and flaunt it in front of my friends.

I walked out dejected wanting to be alone for sometime, to nurse my wounded heart.

That's when I saw two children, one of them handicapped, both crying out of hunger and begging for alms.

A lump formed in my throat when I realized how lucky I was to have been blessed with comforts of life and decided to overlook just the material comforts to be happy in life.


                                     image source :  blogs.gonomad.com


PS: This post is written for Five Sentence Fiction word prompt which required to write a five sentence story based on the prompt word LUCKY.

Until the next post,
Keep Smiling :)

Love,
Swathi :)

Labels: ,