Wednesday 29 April 2015

Your Dreams Are Mine Now

My theme for this year's A to Z Challenge is A Reader's Take, where everyday I will be picking out a novel title corresponding to that day's letter and write my post based on it. To make it more challenging, I have decided to write a serial story. The novel I have selected for today is 'Your Dreams Are Mine Now'


Leave Me Never

Chapter 25

(Find the series index here)


“You know you should consider taking up interior designing seriously” Ayaan suggested as he stepped inside Kayra’s home. The first time he was there, he hadn't paid attention as he was preoccupied and the next time, he was under Mrs Iyer’s scrutiny. Now that he was free and wanted to buy some time before Kayra gave him an ultimatum, he pretended to look around. The house was small; enough for two to live in comfortably but it was the way Kayra had arranged things that caught his eye. He remembered how much she loved decorating her home. She had taken up the job of designing his room too after she had taken one look into the messy room. She had roamed so much to buy the right things she needed even when he had insisted that he wouldn't mind if things were little different. But she hadn't listened and when she was done, Ayaan couldn't believe it was the same room. She had totally changed the look of it. How happy he had been!

“Why are you here Ayaan?” Kayra’s question brought him back to the present. He sighed. There was no point in beating around the bush anymore. “Why do you think I am here Kayra? Don’t you know it already? I love you. I loved you when you completed my assignments. I loved you when you roamed all over Mumbai to find perfect things to decorate my room. I loved you when you cooked my favorite dishes though cooking wasn't on your list of favorites. I loved you when you got jealous when other girls talked to me. I loved you when you took care of me. I have always loved you Kayra. I was shattered when you left. I flew to Singapore so that I can leave everything behind. But I could never erase you from my memories. You were always there – every little thing reminded me of you. I tried to move on but I couldn't. How can one forget their soul Kayra? You are my soul and I can never imagine living without you”

Kayra stood there, speechless. She opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out. She could feel a lump in her throat and her heart was beating fast. Tears threatened to spill but still there was one little part of her that kept reminding her of all the things why she shouldn't sway from her decision. There was her past which had scarred her for life and then there was Ansh. Would Ayaan be able to love him like his own?

Ayaan could see a wide range of emotions on her face – surprise, happiness, love; but there was something else too - fear? He could guess very well where her thoughts were leading. “Are you thinking of Ansh?” he asked. “You saw how much he liked me even though it was the first time I met him. Give it some time Kayra. Have some faith in me. I will love Ansh just like you love him”


Kayra could hear the earnestness in Ayaan’s voice. She knew he meant every word he said. Though her heart yearned to say 'Yes', her mind wouldn't let her. Just as the fight between her mind and heart was growing, Ayaan spoke up. “You will make me do it, won’t you?” Saying this he sighed and went on his knee. He took out the ring from his pocket and held it out. “Miss Kayra Sharma, I love you with all my heart and I want to spend all my life with you. I don't care what happened in the past. All I want is to see you the first thing in the morning when I open my eyes and the last thing in the night before I go to sleep. I want to make your dreams mine and feel the happiness when they come true. I want to be yours not because I want you but because I can’t live without you. Will you please marry me?”



To be continued...

About today's novel: Your Dreams Are Mine Now is the latest novel by Ravinder Singh. Read more about the novel here.

PS: Linking this post to A to Z Challenge 2015. If you are participating too, please leave a link to your blog in the comments, so that I can visit you :)


Until the next post,
Keep Smiling :)

Love,
Swathi :)

14 comments:

  1. I had missed reading quiet a few chapters...did catch up finally. Like the way you have weaved the story...nice emotions and drama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How romantic! I've clearly got some catching up to do in May. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read for a few days. I'm so happy this appears to have a happy ending - please, Ayaan, don't blow it in Chapter Z.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So romantic! And so happy they are together again! Yeah! :) I love this line, the latter part in particular, " I want to be yours not because I want you but because I can’t live without you." Ah, sigh... ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goody goody!! I am excited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank God for a happy ending. I didn't quite read all the chapters but how is Kayra Miss Sharma but Aayan met her under Mrs. Iyer's scrutiny?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!! I almost feel as if my husband proposed to me all over again!! So sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made me cry! Lovely chapter Swathi :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, so sweet. Finally Ayaan proposed and hopefully Kayra says yes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww!! That's so sweet! Cant wait to read the last chapter now!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a cute proposal..
    Well penned Swathi..

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave a comment. I would like to hear from you :)