Tuesday 24 March 2015

Variety is Good

       Every morning, my day starts with something like this:

Me: Mom what's for breakfast?
Mom: (Says something like fried rice, chapati or Idli)
Me: (A little irritated) Why do you always cook the same things? I am bored of it. I won't have breakfast today.
Mom: (Gets angry) I wake up early and cook so that you can have breakfast before going to college and this is what I get for it? It's all my fault! I should let you starve every morning. That's when you will learn your lesson. (This goes on... until)
Me: Okay okay am sorry. Just give it to me fast. I am getting late!


       Don't get me wrong. I love my mom's cooking but I am just bored of lack of variety. Every morning the same thing. Who wouldn't get bored? I am already! She says I will long for these very food next year when I go to hostel and I know its true. But right now, all I want is something different and yummy for breakfast in the morning! 

       I am not alone in this one. Me and my friends are on the same boat. That is why we take tiffin boxes and exchange it in college so that we can eat something different. But it has been going on from four years and that too is getting, well yes, boring! That is why I am waiting for an invite from Guptaji's Home

       You know him right? The one from Kellogg's. I am waiting for an invitation from them. Recently, I bought a pack of Kellogg's corn flakes so that I can have it for breakfast in the morning. It was a welcome change from my previous attempt of having just milk and biscuits. That used to make me too hungry in the middle of the day and I couldn't concentrate on classes! Then I bought Kellogg's corn flakes and I so love it. 

       But I hardly know the recipes as Guptaji's wife knows! I just throw in some flakes, milk and any fruit that is available, mix it and have it for breakfast, while mom stands staring, waiting for me to complain about it too! It's tasty too but at Guptaji's home, I tell you! His wife knows over a 100 recipes! Can you believe it? 100!! I can spend my time there without complaining about the lack of variety for breakfast. May be I can take my mom along so that she could learn those yummy recipes too. Then I would never have to argue with my mom every morning! It is a win-win situation for both of us. All I want now is an invitation to Guptaji's house to make my mornings happy and yummy.

PS: This post is written for Kellogg's - Aaj Ka Nashta.



Watch more videos here.

Until the next post,
Keep Smiling :)

Love,
Swathi :)

6 comments:

  1. I have been reading about this Kelloggs recipes in many blogs.But you have presented it differently though on the same subject.Good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that would be a great idea...I'd love it if someone makes me breakfast everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come over then! I happy invite you for breakfast ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think over it. I am taking this invite very seriously :P

      Delete

Go on, leave a comment. I would like to hear from you :)