Sunday 8 June 2014

Stationery Chats - WOW #13

       The whole town sleeps peacefully under the moon light. The tiredness of the day making them sleep like a log. Some are dreaming and some are snoring, unaware of the outside world. Mean while some where in the corner house of street three, under the dim light of a zero candle bulb, a muffled cry is heard.

       Seeing the new pen cry, all other stationery items get worried and they start enquiring the reason. "She bit me today" said the pen in between uncontrollable sobs. The pencil is empathetic, having gone through the same pain. "I know how you must be feeling. I totally hate her" says the pencil, wincing as it recalls the torment it had been through. "But wasn't she scolded by her mom last week for the same?" asks the pen stand, all worried. "Oh she has been scolded for that a million times but that kid is stubborn. She doesn't listen to anyone. Moreover she says, she gets ideas while biting the pen. What an excuse!" says the stapler, enlightening the new comers about the norms.

       "She is a monster" says the pen, horrified hearing the news! There is a loud cough and every body turns in that direction. "Oh poor sharpner" wails the scale seeing it covered with dust. "Ever since she has bought that new lead pencil, she hardly looks at you" The sharpner smiles faintly. "I wish she would at least keep the desk clean. Look at the amount of dust here! Such a dirty place" says the pen cringing. "Have you seen her brother's desk? There is not even a speck of dust there. Life was so good until she brought me here" sobs the stapler, remembering the good old days.


image source: eisforidiot.wordpress.com
       The pen wriggles trying to breathe. There was no space to even stand freely in the pen stand. It was filled with lots of unused items. Empty pens, old pencils, sketch pens, markers. "She doesn't have the right to treat us this bad. We have to stand up against her! Else she will continue this way forever" says the pen who could no longer contain the frustration. "Look at her sleeping peacefully, leaving us like this! It's time for pay back. Lets attack her" says the pen, the nib shining under the faint light coming from the bulb, as if mirroring its zeal. "How do you plan on doing it?" asks the eraser. "Oh that's easy. The compass can give me a ride. And the scale and erasers can form a see-saw with the help of which we can go there and pierce her. Let her taste pain and she will understand our position" answers the pen with a wicked edge in its voice.

       "Quiet kid" a loud voice says and every one turns towards the source. The diary that lays in the corner which was a silent observer till now speaks. "Just because you had a rough day, doesn't mean you have to get all worked up like this. Poor girl, she is having a hard time with exams nearing and so little time left to read. She even had a fight with her friend today because of which she is upset. You don't have the slightest idea of what she going through. So just keep quiet and learn to endure" it says, a ring of authority evident in its voice. "Yeah. She is not that bad. I am sure life will turn to normal once her exams are over. And you will find out what a coolest person she is" chirps the paint brush remembering the fun it had painting. All the stationery items feel ashamed for having forgot all those happy moments and joining in with the pen in its insane mission. They thank the diary for reminding them the truth. 

       Meanwhile the alarm rings and I wake up. Oh God! What a dream it was! I go to the desk, to pick up my book and find all the items exactly like I had seen them in the dream. Was it really a dream? Gosh!! Do they really hate me? I hug my diary tightly, thanking it for being on my side and make a mental note to clean the desk that evening.

PS: This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.


Until the next post,
Keep Smiling :)

Love,
Swathi :)

44 comments:

  1. Nice post Swathi :) enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. its not at all peculiar.. its the real story of u both :P

      Delete
    2. You know the inspiration behind it na saddy ;) Poor Activa pen :P

      Delete
  3. Hey...good one actually and don't worry they will understand how nice you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. true post about ur self ur table and my table..... learn frm me and keep ur table clean :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sudhi you better shut up!! Vas uto marketville khel :P

      Delete
  5. Aren't you glad it was only a dream? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sure I am!! Still I cant help but wonder whether this really happens after all!

      Delete
  6. isn't it good that it was just a dream ? nicely written :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ankur :) Yep I am glad it was just a dream!

      Delete
  7. Thank god it was just a dream !

    ReplyDelete
  8. After reading this, I want to give you a serious advice. First thing tomorrow morning, Trademark and/or Copyright this story. Have you ever seen the movie Toy Story or Night at the Museum? In Toy Story, after the store is closed all the toys come alive. In Night at the Museum, after the museum is closed all the artifacts come alive.

    Your story could be when a little girl finishes her home work in the night and goes to bed, all her school “stuff” comes alive. It could be a multi million dollar cartoon movie.

    I don’t want any money. When the movies is produced, send me a couple of free tickets for the premiere in Hollywood. And, I can also boast to my friends I know the story writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Multi million dollar cartoon movie!! :O :O That's the biggest compliment! Thanks SG :)

      Ya I have heard about that movie though I haven't watched it completely! But I never thought the possibility of such a big thing happening with this blog post!!! Now am definitely gonna copy right this one :D **Smiles and rubs hands in glee**

      And about the free tickets, I will definitely send it to you without miss if a movie is made on this :D You have my word on that ;)

      Delete
    2. If you are serious about it, please write a full script that is well thought out and written. Not just one paragraph. Then send it to Film Studios in Hollywood. You can find their contact information from their website. You can send via mail or email. In your cover letter, please mention that this story is “copyrighted”.

      Delete
    3. I hadn't given much thought to it before writing this post but now seeing your comment, I want to give it a try. I am not sure if I can pull it off but hey, what's wrong in trying :) Will try this story writing once am done with my exams :) Thanks SG :)

      Delete
  9. i loved how you ended it, with the diary pitching in :) so next next don;t chew on your pen :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe nope I wont *Fingers crossed* :P Thanks Rajlakshmi :)

      Delete
  10. I laughed out lout when the pen started crying that the girl bit him.... even I do that sometimes... and it does give me idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be careful from this time though while biting your pen ;)

      Delete
  11. Your WOW post is indeed Wow. Dream concept is new- this never struck my mind when i was developing my post. Enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Viyoma :) I am glad you enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  12. You managed to maintain rationality on both sides! That is quite a skill! Adorable little girl you must be (based on your post)... and you paint - something we have in common! :) Loved it, Swathi :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Samik :) ya 20 year little girl :D But adorable I am ;) You paint too? That's good to know :) hi-5 :)

      Delete
  13. you got to see my desk its in far worse condition then yours for sure .. :) and what a dream it was ...

    enjoyed reading this one

    Bikram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bikram :) Well my desk is clean right now. I cleaned it after posting this!

      Delete
  14. Very cute this post is. :) Like the creativity behind it, good job, Swathi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do u write a diary ? :P
    A happy post, because you just conveyed the message that a pen might leave you, but your words are always by your side :)
    Superb creativity,Swathi !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sreeja :) Yep I do write diary :) That's how my writing journey began actually :)

      Delete
  16. Oh the diary and the brush love her to no end. Love the emotions gaining expression coupled with fun words flowing like softies:) Love it.
    Creatively WoW and thanks for ur comments on ma post, Swathi:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vishal :) The diary and the paint brushes are my favourite items :) So I am counting on the reciprocation of love :D

      Delete
  17. Loved the concept and the extent of imagination. It's as if we know what they might feel w.r.t our actions and I could so very well relate to it..Loved the read..keep the good works coming..:)
    You can also go through my WOW post:
    http://anirudhrrao.blogspot.in/2014/06/the-conversation-among-intellectuals.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a fantastic story, Swathi! So vivid and so imaginative! Loved it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nicely described, Swathi! Sensible diary indeed! Our desks tend to be cluttered sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it does get cluttered! I just hope they don't converse like this in real! Thanks Anita :)

      Delete

Go on, leave a comment. I would like to hear from you :)