Saturday 14 June 2014

Captured Moments - Bits and Bytes #3

       There are some moments which we remember forever; some because of the smile they brought and some because of the pain they caused! Though we all wish to forget the latter, happy moments are something which we wish to re-live again and again. And what's a better way to re-live them than going through old pictures! I have quite a few collection in my laptop and I absolutely love going through them whenever I am free, recalling the memories associated with each one of them.

        My mom says I was an extremely naughty kid! Oh well, I am still naughty but since I don't spend all my energy troubling her now, maybe she thinks I am decent enough! So when I was a kid, I used to create fuss all the time and if there wasn't anyone to keep an eye on me, then God save my mom that day! She especially enjoys narrating the part of the baby walker. She says, so that I don't crawl out of bed or fall somewhere and hurt myself, she used to put me in the baby walker while she finished all her work. I had been quiet for first two days but once I got the hang of it, then there was no stopping me! I dragged the baby walker with me and started going round and round through out the house, shouting loudly with joy at the same time. She says though I was difficult to stop, it was a fun sight for her to watch but in the end, the punch line remained the same - that I was a hyper active and naughty kid!



      This is the picture proof of my naughtiness. This one is my favorite and it always makes me smile whenever I see it. Oh how I wish I could go back and live in that moment again!

       The next is a recent one. This was captured by me a year back from the Perampalli railway bridge, a place near Manipal.


       The place was so serene that I wished I lived there on the shores, so that I can enjoy this beauty everyday. I had been there in the evening. If I thought this was beautiful, then I was wrong. There was more than this perfection. The sunset! I witnessed the sky grow more and more beautiful as the sun started bidding good bye, painting the sky with its last rays, just like a master piece of a renowned artist, each strokes perfected over time! It was marvellous.

        But that wasn't it. The best part was yet to come! That was a railway bridge we were standing upon. So where's the fun if there is no train? After waiting for hours the train finally arrived. My brother had told me it will be an awesome experience but nothing had prepared me for what was yet to come! The place where we stood on the bridge is not more than 2-3 meters away from the track. It was dark; around 7 pm when the train finally arrived. It was moving at a speed of 100 km/hr or more and the whole bridge beneath us started shaking due to the speed. The air blew on my face with such an intensity that the rush was maddening. I held the rails of the bridges tightly as it felt like the bridge would fall off any moment! I shouted with joy, adrenaline racing through my veins, but my voice wasn't audible to my own ears under the roar of the engine! It felt like eternity till the train finally passed us and left but I stood there motionless for minutes wondering what had just happened! That was such an exhilarating experience, nothing like I had ever experienced! That is something I will always remember.

       I feel like I am experiencing those moments all over again whenever I see these photographs. That's the power of pictures. They can bring a smile on your face anytime. So what is your favorite memory?

PS: Linking this post to Write Tribe's Wednesday Prompt 2014 #19 

Until the next post,
Keep Smiling :)

Love,
Swathi :)


38 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these experiences. Loved the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww man look at you....that dot on your cheeks..AYEEEE LEMME CRUSH YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe Red :D you know every one used to say 'googly googly gush' pinching my cheeks :D That's why the dot, taki nazar na lage ;) Thank you :)

      Delete
  3. Great memories Swathi :) And awww you look so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pic of you in your baby walker! ☺ I often look through old photos as well and enjoy those memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie :) Its such a sweet feeling right? going through old photos?

      Delete
  5. My son used to run all around in this baby walker too and the way he used to maneuver it so fast was something to be seen to be believed! You look so cute in this pic! I can imagine the thrill you must have experienced on the bridge that day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shilpa :) Well I guess you understand exactly why my mom used to say naughty :D

      Delete
  6. You write as it is,straight from the heart which one can easily connect to...read a few posts of yours..love the simplicity and the content

    ReplyDelete
  7. simplicity and straightness .. cute post !

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pic of you as a baby is so cute :) I can see the naughty you in there!
    And what a cool memory about that serene beauty of Nature, only to be interrupted by the speedy train :) A very enjoyable read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beloo :) And the speedy train, it was that cherry on the cake ;)

      Delete
  9. A Liebster awaits you on my blog :-D http://reemadsouza.blogspot.in/2014/06/and-here-is-second-liebster.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your baby picture is adooraaaable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is very cute Swathi! Interesting story of your childhood. Love to read more of them :p

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohh so cute! I too had a picture in the walker that I love!
    I wish to have the experience you had!! Plz!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure nibhz ;) Aajao I will take you there :D

      Delete
  13. although you experienced all that , but i would say that it is a dangerous place to be ... :)

    cute picture of you ...
    and nautghty you havenot heard my stories , I was a very veyr bad boy :)


    Bikram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah but I love that place :D
      N thanks Bikram :) Hehe bad boy huh? Well I was naughty but good girl :P

      Delete
  14. Awwww! Such a cute picture :) I loved the second one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pics are a super awesome way to refresh our memories and smile at the naughty us-You are such a cute baby and what a prankster u were..hehe making poor parents running after u,a devil for sure. The second one damn awesome and whatta feeling.
    I was a very difficult and demanding child, always looking for my own way and breaking free:)
    http://vishalbheeroo.wordpress.com/2014/06/16/8189/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your posts say as much Vishal ;) that you were pretty naughty :D
      Thank you :) Oh ya I made them run after me :) but now they remember it with a smile that what a little devil I was ;)

      Delete
  16. I bought a walker for little P, but she never sat on it.... she learnt to walk the next day, and started pushing the walker with her hand :D
    That's a googly-woogly-whoosh moment , in your snap :D
    Sweetypie :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sreeja :)
      Hehe so little P started giving the walker walking lessons :D such a sweet kid :)

      Delete
  17. Aww...you do look so naughty and sweet in that picture! The walker is every mom's savior I guess..I've used it for my son too :)
    I loved the second picture too. Beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only it wasn't a savior for my mom :D It increased her job a lot :D
      Thanks a lot Vinodini :)

      Delete

Go on, leave a comment. I would like to hear from you :)