Wednesday 31 December 2014

2014 at Glance - Bits and Bytes!

       
       It's the end of another year and I must say, this year has been a very good and productive one for me. As  it comes to end, here is a post dedicated to 2014. A recap of all the good and bad things.

       Coming to the good things,
  • I finally gathered the courage to start my blog. After almost an year of thinking, I pushed aside the uncertainties and started to blog. And I am glad I did. It gives me so much happiness.
  • I also set aside my fears and participated in more activities in college. It was a big step for me but I did it. I also won a few competitions and my confidence level has been boosted.
  • Made many new friends, some online (Thanks to my blog) and some offline. Met one of the blogger friends (Prasanna Rao)
  • Read nearly 35 books. Though it is less considering my craze for novels, it was a start. I had given reading a break due to busy schedule but picking up this old hobby was made me realize how much I missed it.
  • Learnt many things - Quilling, painting, cooking. It is always good to learn new things.
  • Had awesome time with friends as we went out partying or to watch movies.
  • Attended the first interview of my life and got placed in TCS. Yay!!
  • Got published in an anthlogy - GOOFY. You can buy it here.
  • Bought around 50 novels this year! Yeah, I am building a library :P
  • Traveled a lot with family. Oh, I love travelling.
Those were some of the good things. The list goes on but right now, this is all I remember. Here are few of the lessons I learnt (bad things always teach a lesson)
  • No matter how good you are, people always find faults. So it's better to ignore others and live life the way you want.
  • Some friends, no matter how best you think they are, will leave you one day for their own selfish reasons. It's better not to dwell on such person's memory. After all, nothing is permanent.
  • For some people, promise is just a fancy word and they use it lightly. It's better not to place faith on others blindly.
  • When you are among a crowd of strangers and the fear of 'what they will think' is stopping you from doing something you really want (something crazy or something daring), it's always good to remember that they don't know you! They will forget you within few minutes but the memory you created by doing the thing you like; it will last with you forever.
  • There comes a time in life, when even though you have so many people who care for you, you have to take your own path, lead your own journey to reach your goals.
That was most of it. I had fun, I made mistakes and I learnt from them. After all, nobody is perfect. I don't regret the choices I made. How can I? It made me to who I am today and I am happy with it. So that was a glimpse of 2014 in brief. Saying final goodbyes to 2014 with this blogpost (This happens to be the 150th post of the year!)  

       How was your year? Are you happy? Let me know. See you all next year ;)

Until the next post,
Keep Smiling :)

Love,
Swathi :)

14 comments:

  1. Happy new year Swathi! And congrats on getting published :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aathira :) Happy new year to you too :)

      Delete
  2. 2014 has been quite an eventful and an enriching year for you, Swathi! May 2015 bring in lots of happy experiences too! Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than you Shilpa :) Wish you a happy and successful year too :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! Sounds like a wonderful year full of accomplishments and big wins: your (new) blog, being published, all the things you learned: congrats Swathi! Also, hope that 2015 is as good or even a better year for you. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks elly :) It was indeed a wonderful year :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, I forgot to mention, I love what you wrote here: "When you are among a crowd of strangers and the fear of 'what they will think' is stopping you from doing something you really want (something crazy or something daring), it's always good to remember that they don't know you! They will forget you within few minutes but the memory you created by doing the thing you like; it will last with you forever." Thanks for sharing that! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked it :) It is one of the most important lessons I have learnt this year :)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on the book ! And a very happy and creative new year to you. Loved your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Inderpreet :) A very happy and rocking new year to you too :)

      Delete
  6. I really like these year end recaps :)
    You had a great year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure did :) its a good way of reminiscing the year that went by, isnt it ;)

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on getting published Swati! I quite relate to your lessons here. In fact co-oincidently I wrote my set of lessons from 2014 too! Do read them if you're keen: http://vinodinii.blogspot.in/2014/12/10-lessons-for-2015.html?m=1
    Have a beautiful year ahead <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will definitely give it a read Vinodini :) Thank you :)

      Delete

Go on, leave a comment. I would like to hear from you :)