Monday 23 March 2015

A Reader's Take - The Grand Theme Reveal!

       I just can't believe it's already been a year since A to Z challenge!! Gone is the girl who was still a newbie in the blogging world, unsure if she could survive the challenge. I absolutely loved the thrill I got from participating in the challenge last year and completing it successfully. I have even met some amazing people through this challenge. So, this time I am back with a bang for more. 

       Last year, I had selected the theme 'Flavors of Live' and had written about emotions. I had selected one emotion from each letter and had written a short story or poem about it. This time, I wanted it to be something different, something more challenging. So, after a lot of brain storming, I and my friend Nibha decided on a common theme with different approaches. So, are you excited to know about my theme? Red carpet and Drum rolls please!


       My theme for this year's A to Z Challenge will be 'A Reader's Take'. In every post, I am going to pick a name of some novel starting from that day's letter and use it as the title of my post. To make it more challenging, I have decided to weave a serial story using these titles. Here is the blurb of my story:

       Kayra is the kind of girl who you would fall in love with. With her cheerfulness and enthusiasm, she can make anyone smile. 'Radiator' is what people call her. But something happened, that changed all this. Kayra is no more her bubbly self. The girl who made others' smile has now lost her own smile. She refuses to even talk with people. A worried Mrs. Sharma, Kayra's mother, seeks Kayra's best friend Ayaan's help to bring her daughter back to normal. But things get difficult when Kayra refuses to talk to even Ayaan. Will Ayaan succeed in finding out the reason behind Kayra's strange behavior? What happens when the secret Kayra has been keeping comes to light? 

       'Leave Me Never' is a story about dreams, love and friendship. Join Kayra and Ayaan in their journey to find out more.

       Curious? I hope you are! Come back in April to read more about Kayra and Ayaan. Now, if it is going to be a single story stretched over 26 posts or whether it will be split into half remains to be seen. This is the first serial story I am writing and your opinions matter a lot. Hope to see you all in April. Till then, stay tuned.

Until the next post,
Keep Smiling :)

Love,
Swathi :)

30 comments:

  1. Wow, Swathi! That's an amazing theme! Kudos to Nibha too! Have fun. Looking forward to reading your posts <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's super! Sounds fun. Will be following Kayra & Ayaan's story in April.
    -Shantala

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayie! We finally revealed it! Phew! Already hooked to Kayra and Ayaan <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome... Can't wait...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your idea, Swathi! What fun! Can't wait to read your serial story. All the best with the challenge! You're inspiring me as I still have to think of a theme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great theme Swathi! Good luck for the month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kayra and Ayaan sound interesting! It must be great to share a theme with Nibha. I'm going to follow your story for sure :) All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aha! That's an interesting and a challenging theme, Swathi! Looking forward to read more about Kayra and Ayaan! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super! Waiting to read about Ayaan and Kayra.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting theme. Look forward to your story. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! that's interesting! I am already thinking abouy Kayra and how will Ayaan help? :) Good one Swathi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very interesting theme, Swathi. I will be visiting here more to know about Kayra and Ayaan. :) All the best for the challenge, Swathi . :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, yes , yes I'm curious..You have put so much thought on your theme! Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  15. brilliant idea Swathi ... I am already curious ... looking forward to read what unfolds :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is quite a challenge you have set yourself, Swathi! Can't wait to see what you have in store! Happy A to Z-ing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Swathi.. similar to my theme on a series of posts about a couple. And its a first for me at AtoZ and a first for me with a series.. Looking very much forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're a brave girl, Swathi. But I'm sure you'll wing it! Enjoy the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful post! I wish you all the best and am waiting to read more. Very interesting and challenging!! Great going!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wishing you all the best with this theme, Swathi :) May you fly high through A-Z :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Been long since I have been here regularly and I am sure I am going to follow every post in A-Z. The theme is so interesting Swathi :) All the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's a very challenging theme. Kudos to you! Looking forward to the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a challenge you have taken up! Can't wait for April to begin! :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well, I had decided to write serial stories but quit and moved to stories. :) Looking forward to read more...:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sounds fun.. I'm also trying story in series first time and I'm super excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Since I am right behind you in the list of participants I wanted to say hi. I love books, so I will also look forward to reading your posts in April. Evelyne Holingue

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am a minion for this upcoming challenge and will be checking on you throughout the month. Like you, I am looking forward to the experience once again. (3rd year) Sending you an important tip: BE CAREFUL that you do not let the posts get too long. People will not return since they are trying to spend as much time as possible visiting lots of sites. Look over your work while there is time. Know you are going to make new friends and have fun. See you in April.

    ReplyDelete
  28. A very intersting theme. Waiting to see it in black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  29. All the best Swathi...
    Excited to read your story :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave a comment. I would like to hear from you :)