Saturday 24 January 2015

For the Love of Gadgets!

       Finally here I am, in the final semester of engineering life! I can't believe it's been three and a half year already since I joined engineering! While I am excited about completing my degree, I also know that this semester is important, with project playing a key role. It also means I have to carry laptop almost every day to college. Whenever I think of this, a sigh escapes my mouth before I can stop it. Though it is not a big deal, I don't fancy carrying 3.5 kg laptop with me everyday. I was trying not to dwell too much on this fact but when I saw my friend's ASUS EeeBook X205TA, all my resolve crumpled. Let me tell you why.

       First of all, it's so light. It just weighs 1 kg! Can you believe it? 1 kg? It has a sleek and compact design. I could feel myself drooling over it. It's not just the looks though. It indeed has a good configuration. 12 hours battery life which will be really helpful when I have a full day, 500 GB free web storage for 2 years, highly sensitive touch pad with accuracy as good as smartphone, 2 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 OS, all that and many more. And the best part is, it just costs Rs. 14,999. I was totally blown away. It was love at first sight. How good it would have been if I too had an ASUS EeeBook X205TA! My life would be so much easier and I wouldn't have to complain about carrying my laptop to college every day. It's a win - win situation!

Image Source
       As if on cue, my friend took me to the hall to show off her desktop. Either my face displayed my longing or my friend was a very good reader. She was clearly enjoying all this. She proudly pointed at the ASUS All In One PC ET2040 that was perched on the table in the corner. "If you think the EeeBook is amazing, wait till you see this" she said as the desktop sprung in to life. I was already impressed with the looks of it but when I saw the features, you can say I was clean bowled! 

Image Source
       I had always seen ads about gesture control devices but had never seen one in real. I was like a kid with shiny new toy. The gesture controls were fun, like holding up forefinger to indicate mute, thumb, like the FB like symbol, to indicate play, and few more. Once I was done playing around, my friend showed me other features. It had a built-in 1-hr UPS that prevents data loss. I grudgingly thought about my own desktop, whose UPS has stopped working long ago. It was incredibly fast and responsive too. Again, the picture of my desktop flashed before my eyes, mocking me! My friend was still talking, but I wasn't listening anymore.

      I was resolved. I had to get these gadgets. Probably the ASUS EeeBook X205TA first as that is what I need most at the time and it is really affordable. And after a few months, the  ASUS All In One PC ET2040 too. It would be fun to say goodbye to my old Grandpa computer after all! Once the decision was made, I felt quite happy. Maybe some wonderful shopping is just around the corner.

PS: This post is written for IndiBlogger in association with ASUS.

Until the next post,
Keep Smiling :)

Love,
Swathi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, leave a comment. I would like to hear from you :)