Thursday 1 January 2015

2015 - A New Beginning


       2015! A new beginning, a new journey. 2014 was a very productive year. And I hope I can work enough to make 2015 the same, maybe even more. I am not a person to party on new year or think that new year brings good things with it. I believe it is up to us to do good things and make this year worthwhile. I don't make resolutions every year because I know I will never follow them. So instead of making resolutions, I am creating a wishlist. Whenever I feel confused, I hope this wishlist will help me realize what I really want. Here are a few things I would wish to accomplish in this year -

  • Learn to drive a 4 wheeler and get a license. This one is gonna happen soon as I am already learning driving and I am definitely enjoying it.
  • Write more often. Last year, though I was blogging regularly in the first half of the year, it took a back seat from august with the commence of final year. I wish I can manage both well this year, without either taking a backseat!
  • Study well and secure a seat in a good college. Yes, I plan to do MTech. 
  • Get published again (as a contributing author or by writing a full length novel)
  • Stop wasting time over unnecessary things and give more time for myself; maybe fine tune my hobbies and learn new things.
  • Read more books. Reading books has always been my favorite pass time and I don't want to give it up when life gets busy. I want to make time, even though a little, and enjoy reading awesome stories.
  • Give up fears and insecurities and learn to love myself. I have realized this is very important if one wants to be successful.
  • Learn to let go of things and people that hurt me. I want to learn to accept the truth, no matter how hard it is and move on with life, leaving behind unpleasant memories (and people!)
  • Make new friends. Being an introvert, I don't usually mingle much with people. I like to keep to myself. Though I don't want to change it completely, I want to learn to be a little more social.
PS: To fulfill the wish of writing regularly, I have taken up Write tribe Pro Blogger Challenge. So you can hope to see me posting at least twice a week now.

       That is it for now. I hope I can say that I fulfilled all these wishes by the end of this year. Hoping to rock 2015! I wish you all a very happy and successful year ahead :) What are your wishes? Have you made a wishlist yet? Let me know :) 

Until the next post,
Keep Smiling :)

Love,
Swathi :)

14 comments:

  1. I hope this wishlist is fulfilled by the end of 2015! I found myself nodding with most of the points though!
    Happy New Year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nibhz :) Of course you had to nod! Afterall, we are in sync always ;)

      Delete
  2. Is your wishlist any different from setting resolutions? Just curious! Instead of a wishlist, you may prefer to do what I do which is set a theme as in one word and then revolve your life around that....see here for some ideas: http://www.xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2014/12/out-with-old-in-with-new_31.html ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, resolutions are 'I have to' and wishlist are more like 'I want to'. While overtime resolutions become 'I guess it's ok if I don't do this', wishes will be still 'I want to do this'. That is how it is for me at least :)
      I like you idea of theme Elly :)

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of making a wish list instead of resolutions. All the very best in 2015, and good luck with making your wishes come true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurel :) All the very best to you too :)

      Delete
  4. Good luck and very best wishes~

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really hope u'l fullfill all the wishes :) hv a gr8 year ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. An impressive and achievable list of things to do.
    Happy new year to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KP sir :) A very happy new year to you too :)

      Delete

Go on, leave a comment. I would like to hear from you :)