Tuesday 14 October 2014

Time for Prompts!

       When I first started blogging, I had no idea about writing for prompts. I just used to scribble down things that came to my mind. But when I did get to know about writing for prompts, blogging became a lot more interesting. I learnt to write fiction posts and poems! All thanks to the wonderful prompts. So today I would like to share with you people a few prompts that I love.

1. 3 Word Wednesday: Every Wednesday, they give you three words and their meanings too. All you have to do is write a post including these three words. It can be anything - fiction, non-fiction, haiku or poetry. This is the first prompt site that I came across.

2. Write Tribe: The one most of us know and love to be a part of. An excellent platform for improving your writing skills and interact with other bloggers. The tips provided are just awesome.

3. Five Sentence Fiction: Just five sentence is what you need to write. You will be amazed by the wide range of posts that are linked here based on the same word. If you are looking for a quick write, go for this.

4. Poetry Jam: If you are someone who loves to write poems, then hop over to this site. You will be provided a word every week on which you have to write a poem.

5. Write Over Weekend: These weekend prompts by BlogAdda used to be my favorite and I wrote every week without miss. But it's been so many days since I wrote for it. Maybe I will write sometime soon.

6. 30 Letter Series: I love the 30 letter series weekly challenge Nibha is hosting. Even in this electronic era, the idea of writing letters is something that excites me a lot.

       So these are some of the prompts that I like to write for. Is there any good prompt site that I have missed? Do let me know :)

PS: Linking this post to Write Tribe's Link Posts - Rediscovering Your Blogging Groove - Day 4.


Until the next post,
Keep Smiling :)

Love,
Swathi :)

3 comments:

  1. I am going to check out write tribe and write over weekend. I need inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote a similar one for the link post, Swathi. Good one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave a comment. I would like to hear from you :)