Stress has become a integral part of our life these days. People of every age group go through stress. Stress isn't a totally bad thing considering how some people can perform better under stress. But too much of anything is bad. Likewise too much of stress can lead to disaster. It fuels anger and in the heat of anger, we end up hurting our dear ones. Stress is the one to blame for this.
Though we can't avoid stress completely, there are things we can do to minimize the effects of this stress. Here are a few things that I do when I am stressed:
- Listen to music. Music is a remedy for everything. It is a magic that works wonders. Listening to something soothing will always calm you down.
- Look outside and enjoy the beauty of nature. The greenery, the little bird on the window sill or the dew drops, all these little things can divert your mind.
- Close your eyes and take deep breathes. It is said that when we take deep breathes, more oxygen is supplied to brain and this can help us relax.
- Talk to your favorite person, maybe a friend or your parents or your partner. Talk to anyone whose company you love. Talking to them can make you forget your worries and lift your mood like anything.
- Do something you love. It maybe writing or painting or even dancing. These things can break your stress and make you happy.
- Take a break! Whatever is stressing you, take a break from it and enjoy life's pleasures. Maybe go for a movie or take a nap. You will feel refreshed and ready to face the challenge again by next day.
- And if you have the patience, go for Yoga. It really helps a lot in improving our lifestyle and reducing stress.
These are the few things that I do to handle stress at times. What are your ways of handling stress?
Until the next post,
Keep Smiling :)
Labels: Rediscovering Your Blogging Groove, Views, Write Tribe